UK, France, Italy & Switzerland
Run the Wild, as a dedicated trail running specialist, is all about you enjoying running and exploring the wild, beautiful areas of the UK and Europe. Whether you are a running veteran or relatively new to the sport, looking to rediscover your passion for running or discovering it for the first time we can cater for your running holiday needs.
Our running adventures are point to point or a loop of mountain massifs so you never have to back track down a path. This maximizes the scenery you get to see, as well as your overall running holiday experience. You will be part of a small team of runners of similar running speed and with a Lead Runner to accompany you, we take away the worries of path finding as well as the logistical concerns (so you have a light running pack!).
With a professional, premier level of support behind you; focused on safety and comfort, you are able to focus on your love of running and the scenery you pass through.
- Discover Run the Wild - 12th May - 13m/21km over 1 day, 300m ascent. This one day running adventure based in the Chiltern Hills is all about you discovering what Run the Wild is all about! You will be running a distance of around 13 miles over the undulating chalk hills and through local woods, led by local English Athletics qualified Run Leaders.
- Chiltern Hills Challenge - 7/8th April & 10/11th Nov. - 36m/58km over 2 days, 1000m ascent. Beautiful English rolling countryside, you, the team, full logistic support, all you have to do is run. The trail is on footpaths covering about 36 miles over 2 days. Whether you are new to running trails or whether you are a veteran, this will be an amazing weekend of running and is an ideal event to see how you would fare on one of the more mountainous adventures in the Alps.
- 1 to 1 Guiding - up to 13m/21km - This 0.5 day 1:1 running adventure is based in the Chiltern Hills with access to great trails through the undulating chalk hills and local woods, all led by a local English Athletics qualified Run Leader. Your guide for the morning will focus on your running technique over different types of terrain, discuss training plans and also different aspects of training, nutrition and kit.
- Tour du Mont Blanc - 6th to 13th July & 1st to 9th Sept - 104m/168km over 6 days, 9000m ascent. This is one of the Event Director’s favourite routes. It follows one of the world’s toughest 100 milers, the Ultra Trail du Mont Blanc, circumnavigating the highest mountain in the Alps, Mont Blanc at 4,810m and passing by its 71 glaciers and 400 summits. This is a great running adventure to sign up for if you want to explore the Alps more or to recce the route for the UTMB. As always you will have a Lead Runner with you, refreshment points, logistic support as well as food and accommodation provided. The scenery is absolutely stunning and you’ll experience some of the most breath taking views of Mt Blanc the area has to offer. It's broken down into 6 stages with a day to relax in Chamonix at the end of the trip.
- Introduction to the Alps - 15th to 17th June - 16m/26km over 2 days. The Chamonix valley sits at the foot of Mt Blanc which provides a stunning backdrop to this introduction to mountain trails in the Alps. On this holiday we provide a 2 half-day running adventure aimed at those looking to discover trail running in the mountains for the first time, as well as more experienced runners looking for a spot of comfort whilst pursuing their passion. The trails vary from pine woods to rocky exposed routes, something for everyone. We pick some really beautiful 13km (approx.) trails for you which show off the valley at its best, so you get a good flavour of what to expect on our longer adventures. We will also look at some of the trail techniques that will make you a more proficient trail runner.
- 1 to 1 Guiding - up to 10 miles. For most of the 1 to 1 guided adventures we use the Chamonix valley which sits at the foot of the majestic snow covered peak of Mt Blanc which towers over the area, standing 4810m tall. Chamonix hosts the world famous UTMB (Ultra-Trail du Mont Blanc) race and is a mecca for professional trail running athletes and the buzz of the town and the beauty of the trails provide an inspiring backdrop to a trail running adventure. Not only will we take away the need to navigate the network of trails, but also along the way your guide will look at some of the trail techniques such as mastering the uphills and downhills that will make you a more proficient trail runner and also provide lots of interesting information about this incredibly diverse mountain environment.
Your accommodation and catering needs will be taken care of, whether you are booking on one of our shorter more comfort focused breaks or the more arduous multi-day routes over the extremes the Alps have to offer.
Unguided or Bespoke options: We can arrange all of our listed trips as unguided, as well as the offering a bespoke trail holiday service, so you can get the trail holiday you want.
Every trip we organise is made with your running adventure experience and safety in mind. The trips are graded by their difficulty of terrain and also the average speed of the group that will be running that trail.